1. 跟...一样地,同样地 例如:I'm as tall as him 我和他一样高。
2. 如同;例如 例如:There are lots of famous buildings as the Eiffel Tower and the Arch of Triumph. 这里有许多著名建筑如埃菲尔铁塔和凯旋门。
1. 作为,以...的身份 例如:He works as a tour guide. 他作为导游工作。
2. 当作 例如:She is a famous person as a actress. 作为一个女演员,她很出名
3. 像;如同 例如:The old woman was dressed as a young lady. 这位老妇人打扮得像一位年轻人。
1. 像...一样;依照;像 例如:You ought to do as Paul tells you. 你应按照保罗吩咐的做。
2. 当...时 例如:As she was leaving the room she remembered that book. 她离开房间时想起了那本书。
3. 随着 例如:As the sun rose the fog dispersed. 太阳一出来,雾随之消失。
4. 因为 例如:We didn't know what to do as we were just visiting there. 我们不知道该怎么办，因为当时我们仅仅在那里作访问。
5. 虽然 例如:Tired as he was, he stayed up late. 他虽然疲倦，可仍然很晚才睡。
6.尽管 例如：Try as she might,Sue couldn't get the door open.尽管想尽一切办法，苏还是不能打开那扇门
1. (与such,the same,as等连用,引导关系从句)与...相同的事物(或人) 例如:He has
earned as much money as I have. 他赚的钱和我赚的一样多。
2. (引导从句,对前述内容作补充)本情况,该事实 例如:She has married again, as was expected. 她已再婚,这是意料中的事。
(1) 在否定句中，第一个 as 也可换成 so。
(2) 在该结构的两个as之间通常接形容词或副词的原级，但若涉及数量或程度，可用“as much+不可数名词+as”和“as many+复数名词+as”。
I haven’t got as much money as I thought. 我不像原来想像的有那么多钱。
I gave him as much as he could eat. 他能吃多少，我就给了他多少。
(4) 该结构根据情况可用使用以下修饰语。如：(not) nearly, almost, just, nothing like, exactly, not quite, half, one-ten, twice, three times, 30 per cent等，并且这些修饰语必须置于第一个as之前，而不能置于其后。
1. 作"当……的时候",引导时间状语从句。注意与when、 while的用法区别。
When he was at college, he could speak several foreign languages.
When the clock struck twelve, all the lights in the street went out.
Work while you work. Play while you play. 工作的时候工作。玩的时候玩。
③ 但属下列情形时,只用as, 而不用when或while。
The girl dances as she sings on the stage.
He looked behind from time to time as he went forward.
As time went on / by, she became more and more worried.
As children get older, they become more and more interested in the things around them.
I thought of it just as you opened your mouth.
Just as the flying worm hit her face, she gave a loud cry.
As a young man, he was active in sports.
2. as=since, 作"既然"、"由于"解,引导原因状语从句,常用来表示已为人们所知或显而易见的原因或理由。如:
As / Since you're not feeling well, you may stay at home.
As he wasn't ready in time, we went without him.
3. as=in the way that, 作"像"、"按照……的方式"解,引导方式状语从句。如:
He speaks English as Americans do.
Remember, you must do everything as I do.
4. 用于as...as...或not so/ as...as...中,前一个as是副词,后一个as是连词,引导比较状语从句。如:
They helped the old man as often as possible.
I don't speak English so/ as well as he does.
5. 作"虽然"、"尽管"解,引导让步状语从句。常用倒装语序,即adj. /adv. / n.+ as +主语+谓语+主句。如:
Tired as they were, they walked on.
Child as he is, he knows a lot. (child前不用冠词)
He is very careful, as his work shows.
As is well-known, Taiwan belongs to China.
另外,当先行词被the same, such等词修饰时,常用as来引导定语从句。如:
Such a clever boy as he can learn anything quickly.
I was reading the same book as he bought yesterday.
As a League member, I'll take the lead in everything. (状语)
She works as a doctor. (状语)
They have me as one of their own children.(引起宾语补足语)
as well 也;同样地;还不如
as well as 也;和…一样;不但…而且
as one 一致的