Unit 1 Life Choices
Writing Workshop & Reading Club
[teaching objectives and core qualities]
1. Learning ability objectives
(1) With the help of key words, students can find out the paragraph topic sentences and complete the pre reading questions on the basis of understanding the general idea of the article;
(2) Retell the text with the vocabulary and language learned;
(3) Students can write complete e-mail with the help of known key information and appropriate supplementary information.
2. Language proficiency objectives
(1) Be able to correctly use the following simple sentence structure for e-mail writing: subject + Verb + object; Subject +Verb +Predicative; There +Be +Real Subject; Subject +Verb +Indirect Object +Direct Object；
(2) Be able to correctly recognize and use the following words and phrases: include, occupation, trend, increasing, inspire, provide, come up with, wear, digestion, opportunity, entertainment, community, stress, miss doing sth, be busy doing sth, cut off, etc.
3. Cultural awareness objectives
(1) Understand how to write and format e-mail correctly and properly;
(2) Understand the differences between urban and rural cultures in English speaking countries and get interested information from them.
4. Thinking quality objectives
For the similarities and differences between British and American culture and Chinese culture, and then combine the two different cultures. Actively participate in various English activities, overcome difficulties and further establish an accurate view of language learning in the new environment.